Top

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bankrupt Rapper Could Lose ... His Name


Rapper Young Buck could lose more than just his stuff in his bankruptcy liquidation case—he could lose the very right to be called “Young Buck.” His trademarked name will be sold off, along with his other assets, according to the trustee administering his estate. His financial woes stem largely from a beef with onetime mentor 50 Cent ... and Fiddy’s G-Unit Records, with whom Young Buck is still under contract. A comment he made in 2007 (about how touring was the only way he could make money) offended 50, who booted him from the G-Unit group but wouldn't release him from the label ... or green-light any new albums, putting his career on ice. Various creditors claim that Young Buck owes a total of $11.5 million, including taxes, child support, and $10 million to 50 Cent and G-Unit, and a judge recently converted his bankruptcy case from a reorganization to a liquidation. Young Buck, real name David Darnell Brown, is irked, since he’s on the cusp of a new deal with Cash Money Records that could allow him to pay off his debts. “My name, Young Buck, has been with me since I was 12-, 13-years-old,” Buck tells the Tennesseean. “At the end of the day, it’s ridiculous. My name wasn’t given to me by G-Unit Records. They didn’t name me Young Buck. My mother calls me Young Buck.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More